Following a welcome return last year, the Mondello Park Truck Show is back again this weekend with an impressive line-up including Truck Racing, Driving Competitions, Trade Stands, Time-Attack and a huge display of Ireland’s finest trucks and fleets.
The Mondello Truck Show mixes static displays, trade stands and live on-track action, in an exciting show format which just isn’t possible at any other venue.
The Truck Show is not only an event for truck enthusiasts it is also a very family orientated show with plenty to keep kids and adults entertained both on and off the Mondello Park track.
Top attractions include:
- Truck Racing – The BIG Truck Show attraction is once again the British Racing Trucks who will compete in a number of demonstration races on both days of the Show. These 1,100hp monsters are not to be missed as they struggle to put all that power down on the technical Mondello Park circuit.
- Time-Attack – The Racing Trucks will be joined by Round 5 of the Irish Time-Attack Championship where some of Ireland’s top cars and drivers will battle it out for the fastest lap of the day. The Time-Attack drivers will be on track for four sessions.
- Drift Demo – Dave and Brian Egan, are two of the country’s top Drift competitors and front runners in the IDC (Irish Drift Championship). The Drifters will put on a show of high speed precision driving like no other.
- Stop & Go Competition – Further on-track entertainment will be provided by the Stop & Go Competitors, where exhibitors in their tractor-units can drag race each other down the straight, where they then have to stop suddenly within a stop box. The knock-out competition will see the 2014 Irish Champion crowned.
- Courier Race – Ireland’s top van man (or woman!) will be awarded to the winner of the ‘Ireland’s Fastest Courier’ competition, which sees courier companies go head-to-head on the Mondello Park track where they must collect, load, unload and deliver their parcels faster than the opposition!
- Truck Displays – In the centre Paddock and out on to the Mondello Park International loop, exhibits from Truck manufacturers and the Truck trade, along with fleet and individual displays will fill every available space. This is where the show trucks entered for the various competitions can be seen.
- Ireland’s Best Truck Driver Competition is to be launched at the Show organised by Fleet Transport magazine in association with Advance drive and sponsored by Enprova.
- Visitor’s Choice: Attendees of the Mondello Truck Show can choose their favourite truck on display around the Paddock and the track, and be in with a chance to win super truck related prizes!
- Prizes – As an extra bonus, in addition to the trophies presented on the day, all prize winners will receive a Mondello Park Supercar Experience Course, where the chance to drive a Porsche Supercar on the famous race track awaits!
- Convoy! – The Mondello Truck Show concludes as usual on Sunday afternoon with the legendary ‘Ireland’s biggest convoy’ which is open to all show exhibitors.