All-new electric car models were very scarce on the ground at the Chicago Auto Show. Here is what was there this week.
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E
The Ford Mustang Mach-E was the exception with an all-new 2021 model and the first ever 4-door Mustang.
Unlike other Mustangs, which offer petrol engines, the Mach-E is an electric crossover. It seats 5 passengers. When the Mach-E hits the streets later this year rear-wheel-drive will be standard with all-wheel-drive being optional.
Other e-Cars on display
Other e-Cars that were on display at the Chicago Auto Show but were not all-new for 2020 were:
- 2020 Audi e-tron: Audi’s electric crossover sees the addition of an all-new Sportback variant in 2020.
- 2020 Chevrolet Bolt EV: The Chevrolet Bolt EV remains mostly unchanged, with a range increase from 238 to 259 miles – Not available in Ireland.
- 2020 Ford Fusion: The 2020 Ford Fusion remains unchanged for 2020. Not available in Ireland.
- 2020 Honda Clarity: The Honda Clarity remains mainly unchanged for 2020. Not available in Ireland.
- 2020 Hyundai Ioniq: The Hyundai Ioniq remains unchanged for 2020.
- 2020 Hyundai Kona: The Hyundai Kona remains unchanged for 2020.
- 2020 Jaguar I-Pace: The Jaguar I-Pace remains unchanged for 2020
- 2020 Kia Niro: The Kia Niro is offered as a plug-in hybrid or fully electric variant.
- 2020 Kia Soul: The Kia Soul is all-new last year and remains unchanged for 2020.
- 2020 Kia Optima: The Kia Optima remains mainly unchanged for 2020. Not available in Ireland.
- 2020 Nissan Leaf: The Nissan Leaf remains mainly unchanged for 2020.
- 2020 Porsche Taycan: The Taycan is Porsche’s first-ever all-electric vehicle. Available only as a 4-door sedan, Taycan seats four and comes standard with all-wheel drive.
- 2019 Volkswagen Golf: The Volkswagen Golf remains unchanged for 2020.
Name new to us:
2020 Karma Revero: The 2020 Karma Revero is a luxury car that seats 4 passengers and is only available as a 4-door sedan. It not available in Ireland.
Only all-wheel-drive is offered. There is only one engine available: A 2.0-litre turbocharged 4-cylinder, that produces 235 horsepower and is assisted by a battery and electric motors that produce a total power output of 536 horsepower. Battery-only range is rated at approximately 50 miles. It can do 0-60 in just 5.4 seconds and has a top speed of 125 mph.
Hybrid models on display in Chicago and available here
Honda CR-V, Hyundai Ioniq, Kia Niro, Range Rover, Range Rover Sport, Lexus ES, Lexus LS, Lexus NX, Lexus RX, Lexus UX, Porsche Cayenne, Porsche Panamera, Toyota Camry, Toyota Corolla, Toyota Prius, and Toyota RAV4.