Volvo Car Ireland held 30 Qualifiers at many prestigious golf courses around Ireland in which over 1,500 golfers took part. The National Final took place at Killeen Castle golf course in Co. Meath where 45 participants took part in what was a hotly contested competition.
In the end there could be only two national winners which were as follows:
1st Colm Murphy of Tyrrellspass Co Westmeath
2nd Kevin Gleeson of Castleknock Dublin
Colm Murphy, Tyrrellspass, Co. Westmeath (centre) pictured with Conor Fitzpatrick, Dealer Development Manager, Volvo Cars Ireland and Patricia Greene, Product and Marketing Manager, Volvo Cars Ireland.
Kevin Gleeson, Castleknock, Dublin (centre) pictured with Conor Fitzpatrick, Dealer Development Manager, Volvo Cars Ireland and Patricia Greene, Product and Marketing Manager, Volvo Cars Ireland.
The qualifying tournaments were played at spectacular golf courses throughout the country where golfers got the chance to participate in competitive but sociable and professionally-run events whilst making new friends. Since its launch in 1988 as the Volvo Masters Amateur, more than one million golfers from all over the world have enjoyed competing in this exciting, friendly, stimulating and hugely prestigious event.
The National winners are invited to the World Final, where, they will play for the chance of being crowned Volvo World Golf Champion of the World. And better still, there is now the unique opportunity to play with the European Tour pros in the “heat of battle” during the Volvo Golf Champions event.
This is an once-in-a-lifetime thrill that exists nowhere else and which will appeal to every golfer; the chance to be inside the ropes, playing with the pros live on television in front of a worldwide audience of millions.
The national winners fly to the world final in Durban South Africa where they will enjoy
- The 36-hole World Final played at the Zimbali Country Club Course in Durban.
- The chance to Play With The Pros over the challenging Links Course during the Volvo Golf Champions
- The chance to watch the Volvo Golf Champions up close and rub shoulders with the stars
- The golfing experience of a lifetime
- The course, overlooking the Blue Lagoon estuary and the Indian Ocean, has hosted the South African Open 17 times, including the centenary SA Open in 2010, this is more than any other club in South Africa.