Federal-Mogul Powertrain is supplying engine technologies for all 10 of Wards 10 Best Engines for 2018 model year vehicles.
Since the inception of Wards 10 Best Engines competition 24 years ago, Federal-Mogul Powertrain has designed and manufactured leading technologies for many of the engines recognized each year as the “10 Best.”
“Federal-Mogul Powertrain is committed to the development of powertrain components that meet our customers’ needs to reduce emissions and improve fuel economy without compromising engine performance,” said Rainer Jueckstock, Co-CEO, Federal-Mogul and CEO, Federal-Mogul Powertrain. “We are proud to contribute to the success of our customers with their award-winning engines and congratulate them on this achievement.”
2018 award-winning engines featuring Federal-Mogul Powertrain technologies include:
- 150-kW Electric Propulsion System (Chevrolet Bolt EV)
- 3.6L Pentastar DOHC V-6/PHEV (Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid)
- 2.7L Twin Turbo DOHC V-6 (Ford F-150)
- 5.0L DOHC V-8 (Ford Mustang GT)
- 130-kW Fuel Cell/Electric Propulsion System (Honda Clarity)
- 2.0L VTEC Turbocharged DOHC 4-Cyl. (Honda Civic Type R)
- 3.0L Turbocharged DOHC V-6 (Infiniti Q50)
- 2.0L Turbocharged DOHC 4-Cyl. (Jaguar XF)
- 3.3L Turbocharged DOHC V-6 (Kia Stinger)
- 2.5L Atkinson DOHC 4-Cyl./HEV (Toyota Camry Hybrid)
Federal-Mogul Powertrain provides a wide range of components for these engines, including pistons, piston rings, cylinder liners, valve seats and guides, engine valves, engine bearings, ignition products, spark plugs, gaskets and systems protection products.
Since 1995, the Wards 10 Best Engines competition has recognized outstanding engines and electrified propulsion systems, as well as the technology and engineering behind them. All new or significantly improved powertrains, as well as last year’s ten returning winners were eligible. Vehicles must have a base price no higher than $63,000. The winning automakers are honored at a WardsAuto ceremony in Detroit during the North American International Auto Show.