Dayco has introduced thermostats into its growing portfolio. In keeping with its ongoing commitment to quality, the range is naturally designed and manufactured to meet the most stringent original equipment specifications.
To aid their identification and ensure they align with the correct application references, Dayco thermostats carry the prefix DT followed by a four figure part number. However, they also feature a final letter – F, H or V – which refer to the thermostat’s type: flange, housing or valve.
The role of the thermostat is to effectively control the flow of coolant around the cooling system and allow the engine to reach its optimum working temperature as quickly as possible. Dayco thermostats are designed to efficiently accomplish this objective for all engine types, while also satisfying three key requirements: reduced fuel consumption, reduced emissions and reduced wear and tear
Why choose Dayco thermostats?
- Dayco provides a complete range of thermostat components – from single thermostatic valves and thermostats with flanges to complete housings with sensors
- Products equivalent to OE quality and performance
- More than 200 thermostat codes
- All components are tested and verified during production to guarantee the highest quality
- Wide and continually expanding range with wide coverage of the circulating vehicle parc
- New packaging that enhances the brand identity and product integrity
- On-line and traditional paper catalogues for quick and secure identification of the correct product for the application
- World leader in automotive technology for over 110 years
- OE Supplier of the world’s leading brands on all continents
Modern cooling systems play a crucial part in the drive towards reducing fuel consumption. The demands for increased efficiency together with factors such as higher flow rates, turbocharger technology, autonomous heating and air conditioning have transformed the traditional process of engine cooling into complex cooling systems.
Future emissions regulations will require engines to operate at 10 per cent higher temperatures in order to ensure optimal fuel combustion. This will require more powerful cooling systems in order for the vehicle to run efficiently for its entire lifespan.
Efficient thermal management is one of the most important factors in the fight to combat wear and tear within the engine. Without effective temperature control, despite the presence of oil, damage and increased wear to the engine’s internal components would be unavoidable.
Dayco’s extensive technological know-how and drive to ensure its products deliver to the highest levels of performance means that a combination of precision couplings and quality materials has enabled the company to produce thermostats that are the equal of OE products in their quality, safety, efficiency and durability.