As an engine parts specialist with over 15 years’ experience, BGA is now offering the aftermarket a complete range of Oil Control Valves.
The addition of this product complements its Timing Chain and Timing Belt ranges meaning the company can offer the complete programme from VVT to control valve to timing belt and chain.
- Over 100 part numbers offering the largest range in the aftermarket
- Product synergy with the Timing Belt and Timing Chain systems
- Protective packaging
- Full competitor and OE cross reference
- Superior aftermarket quality
- All makes program covering Audi, BMW, Citroen, Fiat, Ford, Honda, Land Rover, Mercedes, Nissan, Peugeot, Toyota, Vauxhall and VW engines
- 24 month Warranty
Oil Control Valves are fully functional valve timing solenoids that control the flow of oil to the VVT system as it is engaged. Oil Control Valves activate when there is a significant load against the engine. Some examples of this include while a vehicle is carrying additional weight, traveling up hills or when acceleration is expedited through throttle control.
When the Control Valve activates, oil is sent to lubricate the variable valve timing chain and gear assembly. If the Control Valve fails or is blocked, the lack of proper lubrication can cause the chain and gear to prematurely wear or break entirely.
Symptoms of a failing / poor Control Valve include the check engine light coming on, dirty engine oil, rough engine idle, and a decrease in fuel economy.